Are you living in Manchester and interested in fostering? By the Bridge is looking for Foster Parents in Manchester, Stockport, Rochdale, Bolton, Stockport, Bury and Stretford. As well as the surrounding towns and villages.
Become a Foster Parent in Manchester
We’re By the Bridge, an independent fostering organisation. We find and train Foster Parents to really make a difference to a child and ensure young people in care get a better chance in life.
We have an excellent team of Foster Parents in Manchester who are supported by our local team based in our office in Styal.
The North West offce address: The Barn, Beech Farm, 122 Hollin Road, Styal, Cheshire, SK9 4LD
Our staff amongst the most experienced working in fostering and many of them have fostered too. Therefore we always have someone on hand who really understands what it is like to foster a child in their own home.
We pride ourselves on having dedicated staff who are approachable, friendly and more importantly that they are easy to get hold of!
Fostering can be a Rewarding Career
Fostering with By the Bridge could be a rewarding full-time career. Children and young people are at the very heart of everything that we do, but we never forget that Foster Parents must be well cared for and valued by us too, if they are to do their very best work. As a Foster Parent you'll receive:
- Excellent weekly pay: on average £450 per week, per child with tax free benefits
- 24/7 personal advice service and out of hours support - you’re never on your own.
- Expert training and promotion opportunities
- 21 nights respite (Respite are days where other foster parents can look after your foster children to give you time to recharge your batteries)
- Regular local support groups, supervisions, local branch events and activities for our foster parents, family members and young people
- Exclusive allowances for travel, clothing, equipment, festive gifts and extras
- Reward scheme, membership of FosterTalk and many more benefits
Who Can Foster In Manchester?
Our Foster Parents in Manchester are from all walks of life, there is no ‘perfect’ person we look for. Many foster children lack the positive family experience that most children have, but all it takes is one foster parent to make that difference.
You can foster a child whatever your marital status, race, religion gender or sexuality. Or if you’re homeowners or renting, parents or non-parents.
Our Foster Parents are from all walks of life, there is no particular type of person we look for, we do ask that:
- You are over the age of 25 years old
- You have a spare room for a foster child
- You are a resilient, caring, patient person that can see the potential in people
Find out more about fostering in Manchester
Get in touch today to find out more about fostering in Manchester. Fill out the form and we'll get back to you. Or you can call us on 0800 644 6230.
Don’t worry this is not commitment; we’re here to answer any questions you have and provide you with good advice.