Fostering changes a child's life, being a foster parent changes yours
We’re By the Bridge, an independent fostering organisation. We find and train the best foster parents to really make a difference to a child and ensure young people in care get a better chance in life.
By the Bridge foster parents come from all walks of life and bring a wide range of experience to caring for children from all types of backgrounds. We are currently looking for new foster parents who live in your area.
Fostering in Basildon is a rewarding career
Children and young people are at the very heart of everything that we do, but we never forget that foster parents must be well cared for and valued by us too, if they are to do their very best work.
- Excellent weekly pay: on average £450 per week, per child with tax free benefits
- 24/7 personal advice service and out of hours support - you’re never on your own.
- Expert training and promotion opportunities
- 21 nights respite
- Regular local support groups, supervisions, local branch events and activities for our foster parents, family members and young people
- Exclusive allowances for travel, clothing, equipment, festive gifts and extras
- Reward scheme, membership of FosterTalk and many more benefits
Our staff are amongst the most experienced working in fostering and many of them have fostered too. Therefore we always have someone on hand who really understands what it is like to foster a child in their own home. Our successful fostering approach was rated outstanding by Ofsted.
Find out more about fostering in Basildon
Get in touch today to find out more about fostering in Basildon. Fill out the form (on the right hand side) and we'll get back to you. Or you can call us on 0800 644 6230.
Don’t worry this is not commitment; we’re here to answer any questions and provide you with good advice.