Fostering changes a child's life, being a foster parent changes yours
We’re By the Bridge, an independent fostering organisation. We find and train the best foster parents to really make a difference to a child and ensure young people in care get a better chance in life.
By the Bridge foster parents come from all walks of life and bring a wide range of experience to caring for children from all types of backgrounds.
We have local branches in the North West, Eastern, Midlands, South and South East regions. We also have new groups of Foster Parents in the Yorkshire, East Anglia and Sussex regions.
A rewarding career, working from home
Children and young people are at the very heart of everything that we do, but we never forget that foster parents must be well cared for and valued by us too, if they are to do their very best work. This is why we offer:
- Excellent weekly pay: on average £410 per week, per child with tax free benefits
- 24/7 guidance & advice and out of hours support - you’re never on your own.
- Great training and career opportunities
- 21 nights respite
- Regular local support groups, supervisions, local branch events and activities for our foster parents, families who foster and young people
- Exclusive allowances for travel, clothing, equipment, festive gifts and extras
- Reward scheme, free membership of FosterTalk and many more benefits
The people at By the Bridge are amongst the most experienced working in fostering any of our staff have fostered too, so we always have someone on hand who really understands what it is like to foster a child in their own home.
Our successful therapeutic fostering approach was rated an 'Outstanding' judgement by Ofsted in our most recent inspection (January 2016) - for the third time!
Find out more
Try our quick questionaire to see of you're ready to foster with us or leave some details by Completing the form (right hand side) and we’ll get back to you with more information.
Don’t worry this is not a commitment; we’re here to answer any questions and provide you with good advice.