Fostering changes a child's life, being a Foster Parent changes yours
We’re By the Bridge, an independent fostering organisation. We find and train the best foster parents to really make a difference to a child and ensure young people in care get a better chance in life.
By the Bridge foster parents come from all walks of life and bring a wide range of experience to caring for children from all types of backgrounds. We are currently looking for new foster parents who live in your area.
A rewarding career, working from home
Children and young people are at the very heart of everything that we do, but we never forget that foster parents must be well cared for and valued by us too, if they are to do their very best work.
- Excellent weekly pay: on average £450 per week, per child with tax free benefits
- 24/7 personal advice service and out of hours support - you’re never on your own.
- Expert training and promotion opportunities
- 21 nights respite
- Regular local support groups, supervisions, local branch events and activities for our foster parents, family members and young people
- Exclusive allowances for travel, clothing, equipment, festive gifts and extras
- Reward scheme, membership of FosterTalk and many more benefits
The people at By the Bridge are amongst the most experienced working in fostering any of our staff have fostered too, so we always have someone on hand who really understands what it is like to foster a child in their own home. Our successful fostering approach was rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted.
Find out more
Try our quick questionaire to see of you're ready to foster with us or leave some details and we’ll get back to you. Don’t worry this is not commitment; we’re here to answer any questions and provide you with good advice.