We encourage young people to achieve more than they thought was possible and offer them opportunities they may have missed. We also have tailor-made programmes for personal development.
Foster Parent Support
It’s not just great training we offer, it’s practical help when you need it, too. There will always be someone to talk to, to help you work out a way forward that is right for you and the child. That’s what we mean by being at the centre of a team of experts – day or night; you’ll never be alone with a problem.
- Monthly home visits and weekly calls by designated Link worker (SSW)
- Monthly group supervisions at your branch (with lunch provided!)
- Dedicated Out of Hours support staff
- Dedicated referrals team who also arrange supervised contact visits and respite
- Therapists available to Foster Parents and provide monthly Therapeutic surgeries
- Birth Children and co-Foster Parent support groups
- Regular Foster Parent Consultancy Groups
- ‘Get a lifestyle' skills programme - a unique development programme for young people to gain confidence and skills for independence and employment
- Children's savings that is administered by By the Bridge
- 21 nights paid respite – utilising our large pool of experienced Foster Parents or by your own friends and family. 14 days of respite can also be re-claimed if unused.