Social Work And Workforce Development Manager
04 June 2020
Job Title: Social Work and Workforce Development manager
Reporting To: Director of Quality & Service Improvement
Location : Remote – Home Working
Salary Range: £45,000 – 55,000 per annum (Plus Benefits).
By the Bridge with Cambian has an exciting new opportunity for the role of Social Work and Workforce Development Lead.
The ideal candidate must be a registered social worker and have a background which includes; learning and development with the ability to create and deliver initiatives in this area aligned to the business objectives. You will need the ingenuity to provide specialist expertise in the development of our organisational culture, performance management, leadership and engagement. You will be extremely creative with a great insight to be able to think outside the box. Your approach will be informal, professional yet relaxed and be prepared to go the extra mile with a genuine desire to get involved.
About By the Bridge
By the Bridge with Cambian is an innovative, dynamic, independent fostering organisation providing high quality foster care and services to children and their foster families. We aim to create an environment where people feel valued and can grow, develop and achieve their goals. We work to ensure that By the Bridge with Cambian is a fun place to be, where people are treated fairly and rewarded well for the work that they do.
- Ensure that By the Bridge with Cambian are meeting the expected indicators set out in the Fostering Regulations and National Minimum Standards through the implementation of suitable learning, training and development programmes.
- Assess and evaluate the workforce and provide analytical reports to support the learning and development strategy.
- Support the regions and separate registrations; working closely with various management levels to have a full understanding of learning and training requirements, career development and succession plans.
- Develop and deliver different styles of training techniques, including live e-learning webinars, tutorial sessions, mentoring or coaching to meet our organisational and operational needs.
- Understand and have awareness of the allocated budget and find solutions in order to implement the required training and learning required.
- Manage the relationship and services of third party training and educational provider’s, required to support our learning and development objectives.
- Support as required with undertaking audits, observations and Quality Improvement visits
- Establish the role as a go-to position for workforce learning and development queries and manage expectations.
- Undertake the role of agency decision maker (ADM) alongside external parties, in relation prospective foster carers recommended by the agency’s panel and for annual reviews for foster carers.
- Supervise and line manages the learning and development manager with responsibility for foster parent training to ensure a consistent learning and development approach.
The role involves travelling to regional branches, and participating in meetings with team members and other colleagues. Some meetings and learning and development activates may also require travel of substantial distances and overnight stays away from home.
- To lead by example and uphold and embody our values at all times, ensuring the protection of children is paramount.
- To contribute to organisational development initiatives and support delivery of Quality and Service Improvement best practice.
- To work in accordance with By the Bridge with Cambian policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the culture of By the Bridge with Cambian.
- To adhere to responsibilities under data protection, health and safety legislation and policies.
- To demonstrate a positive commitment to equalities and diversity.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected or commensurate with your role.
- To identify alongside the Directors and Head of Departments, the specific workforce issues in the short/medium and long term for By the Bridge with Cambian.
- Develop and deliver an extensive catalogue of social care training modules. These modules can be used as introductions, refreshers or as part of a blended approach to advanced learning (keeping this up to date and relevant).
- Enhance the training, development and qualifications of social workers and wider workforce ensuring continuous learning and development is at the forefront of our people agenda.
- Enable the workforce to meet regulatory requirements for qualifications and registration supporting Registered Manager and Managing Director with the preparation of registration and knowledge/role of responsible individuals.
- Work with HR Business Partner to ensure maximisation of resources and monitoring the effectiveness of services against operational plans.
- Respond to workforce and change management initiatives such as the apprentice scheme for care experienced adults, and to explore apprenticeship opportunities and the hosting of students and practice learning.
- To work with the quality improvement manager to deliver and facilitate champion groups in specialist areas to enhance our organisations and development culture.
- Knowledge and understanding of specific fostering regulations and standards.
- Management, development and talent training
- Demonstrated experience working with various stakeholders both internal and external.
- Experienced in managing budgets and people Management
- Registered social worker with Social Work England
- Qualified to degree, CIPD or CTP level or equivalent
- Confident in both written and spoken communication with the ability to present to large audiences,
- Proactive and organised leadership ability.
- Able to design and supply a variety of training styles
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
Please note: This post is currently based remote and working from home. You must ensure that broadband of sufficient bandwidth is available in your existing home, or any home you subsequently move to, in order to enable you to carry out all your required duties from your home. You will be responsible for any installation and/or equipment costs.Apply
Jobs at By the Bridge with Cambian
By the Bridge with Cambian is an innovative, dynamic, independent fostering organisation providing high quality foster care and services to children and their foster families.
We continually strives to achieve excellence for our children and young people, foster parents and staff. And every member of staff makes a valuable contribution towards improving the lives of children.
People are at the heart of everything that By the Bridge with Cambian is about. It is vital for our children, that our foster parents and staff are inspired and motivated by working for us.
We aim to create an environment where people feel valued and can grow, develop and achieve their goals. We work to ensure that By the Bridge with Cambian is a fun place to be, where people are treated fairly and rewarded well for the work that they do.
By the Bridge with Cambian is an equal opportunities employer
We may close job adverts once we’ve received sufficient applications. This can happen quickly and may be before the advertised closing date, so if you’re interested, please apply as soon as possible.