I'm a foster child or young person

We always love to hear young people's views, thoughts and ideas for making By the Bridge with Cambian even better. You can tell us by contacting us.

Link Worker

All By the Bridge with Cambian families have a Social worker or Link Worker.  They visit every month and make sure that you and your foster family are ok. They'll attend meetings with you.

Social worker

You'll also have a Social Worker from your home area too, your Social Worker doesn't work for us, they work for your local authority. They're responsible for any links with your own family. By the Bridge with Cambian can't make certain decisions about you without the 'ok' from your social worker.

Participation & Achievement

We have a Participation & Achievements Leader; part of their job is to make sure that you have lots of different kinds of opportunities to have your say. The things that we are told by young people make a difference when decisions are being made to make By the Bridge with Cambian a better place.


Our Participation and Achievements Leader will come to lots of the events and activities which take place in your area, so you'll have a chance to meet, and tell them your views face to face.


We always love to hear young people's ideas for making By the Bridge with Cambian even better. You can tell us your ideas by contacting us.

Keeping in touch

When young people come to a By the Bridge with Cambian family they are given their own card to keep in their wallet or purse. This is called a ‘Keep In Touch’ card. This gives you a contact number for you to text at any time, even when you have left By the Bridge; we still want to know how you are!


At By the Bridge with Cambian we think it’s important to consult with young people to get their views and feedback on the work we do.  We’ll always consider ideas from children and young people, not just the adults, so we want to hear from you if you have anything to say (good or bad) about being in care.

Making a complaint

When you arrive in By the Bridge with Cambian you’ll be given a form so that you can tell us if things are not right for you, or if you want to complain.


If you would like to make a complaint, please contact your Social Worker, Foster Parent, Link Worker, EaGaL or someone you trust. They can guide you in what to do next.


Or get in contact with us.